Tuesday, September 9, 2014

An 18-year-old Teen Marries a Dog in India

An 18-year-old girl in India has taken a stray dog to be her paw-fully wedded husband, to have and to pet, from this day forward — or at least until her evil juju is gone!

A local guru said to Mangli’s parents that their teenage daughter possessed ill-luck and marrying a man would bring destruction to the family and her community.



Mangli Munda is from a remote village in the eastern Indian state of Jharkhand, where local elders threw together an extravagant wedding because a local guru convinced the teenager’s parents she was under an evil spell and that marrying a man would only bring destruction to the family and the community, Barcroft reports.

But the four-legged groom, named Sheru, may soon need a ceremony of his own because the canine will ultimately serve as a vessel for Munda’s misfortunes.
Mangli said: “My villagers say that many girls like me have followed this ritual and they have gotten rid of their evil spells and are living happy lives now. I will also be free to marry a man of my dreams after the evil spell is over.”
“I am marrying a dog because the village elders believe that my evil spell will be passed on to the dog,” she said. “After that is done, the man I will marry will have a long life.”

After the marriage ceremony was over, Mangli has to take care of the dog as the family’s pet.

Enthusiastic Mangli clinched: “I will marry a man one day. It is the dream of every girl to marry a prince charming. So I am also waiting for my prince.”



No comments:

Post a Comment